Thursday 7 July 2011

July 7th: Day 4!

Today we talked about video conferencing and Jean taught us how to use various aspects of Elluminate.  I have previously taken a few online courses and so had a rudimentary understanding of how to use Elluminate from a student's perspective.  It was interesting to see what a monitor's page looks like.  The most amazing aspect of Elluminate that we explored was the use of the Google translator; it was amazing how fast it could translate a website into another language!       

I found that, for myself, learning about Elluminate was not as practical as some of the other applications we have explored; I don't foresee ever being an Elluminate monitor in my future.  However, I can see that distance education is becoming the way of the future and that becoming knowledgable in online apllications could be very useful!  It could be a way to introduce keynote speakers into your classroom who could not make there in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment