Friday 8 July 2011

July 8: T.G.I.F.!

Today my blog will be relatively short because it is Friday.  We started off today's class discussing TPACK.  Jean told us his perspective on how a school or school district's technology plan should be organized: starting with content, then pedagogy, then technology.  I think this organization makes sense although I also can see why principals or superintendents purchase technology with little consideration to its usage or its connection to curriculum: when funds are limited and staff is large, consultations can be an arduous endeavor.  We then explored various applications (wallwisher, picnik, flipsnack) and explored excellent websites that have gathered a wide variety of useful sites (Web 2.0, Bloom's Digital Taxonomy Pyramid,cooltoolsforschool).  I hope everyone in the class has a great weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment